top of page

Jeep Beach 2016

After school on Tuesday, we immediately left for Daytona. There was a lot of traffic on the way there and it took forever! We set up the campsite when we finally got there then we set the fire up and sat next to it to get warm. We were tired so we went to bed early. The next day was Wednesday. We made breakfast at our campsite, we had bacon, eggs, strawberries, grapes and oatmeal. After breakfast, we went to check in for Jeep Beach then went to the trails they had set up for the rides. They had a small obstacle course set up and Mom actually took her Jeep over the rocks! We went into the woods and drove the trails. Mom got stuck, then Dad got REALLY stuck. I got muddy! I was NOT happy that Dad got me muddy. When we got back from the trail ride, we went swimming for 2 hours it was fun! The pool was right across from our campsite. Mom gets that same spot every year. After swimming Mom made me do my homework for the entire week. It wasn't bad, I like doing my homework so I didnt complain. We ate dinner then I went to bed.

Thursday we made breakfast then we did a scavenger hunt. There were Jeeps everywhere! Dad had a problem at work and had to drive back to Lakeland to fix it so he missed most of the scavenger hunt. I really missed him. We ate lunch at a restaurant right on the water. I tried to skip rocks in the watr but I need to practice. Dad caught up to us before we finished the scavenger hunt so we finished it together. There was a really neat set of doors that someone had painted angel wings on. Mom took a picture of me as an agent. It was really fun. After that we went swimming, ate dinner and set the campfire up. I went to bed.

Friday we made some breakfast. pancakes, eggs, bacon, grapes and strawberries. After breakfast we went to infield at Daytona Speedway. Dad bought more Jeep stuff than Mom. I was tired of walking down 4 lanrs of Jeep vendors but Mom and Dad kept looking at EVERYTHING! We stayed there pretty much all day. There were 2 racecars doing laps around the speedway. I asked Mom if I could do it again this year since she let me do it last year but she said no. Kylie wanted to do it too but she's too little. Mom told her to eat her turkey and vegetables and maybe next year she will be big enough. When we left and went back to the campsite, we went swimming again. We ordered pizza and chicken for dinner. As soon as it arrived it started pouring rain. There was a lake all around our camper. Mom and Dad took us to Mom's Jeep and we went to a cabin that some friends were staying at in our campground. We stayed there for a while. I fell asleep and Mom carried me back.

Saturday we went to a breakfast place because Mom was sick of cooking. I don't know what it was called but it was so cool. We had french toast, bacon, sausage and orange juice. After breakfast we went back to the Daytona Speedway infield to do more Jeep shopping. After the shopping there was a parade to set a record for the Guiness Book of World Records. We found out later we didn't break the record but there is always next year! We went back to the campsite and then went swimming we stayed at the pool for 2 hours. We went out to dinner at a place we go to every year with our Jeep Club. It's called Riptides. Mom LOVES the crab legs and Caribbean Chicken Nachos there. She always complains later that she ate too much. We went back to camp with everyone complaining how full they were, set the camp fire up and talked to each other while the kids played. I went to bed and secretly played on my tablet shhhhh its a secret.

Sunday we went to the breakfast place again. This time I had french toast. After breakfast we went to the lighthouse at Ponce Inlet. We went all the way to the top and Mom took pictures of us up there with the beach in the background. It was really pretty. There were several buildings that talked about the history and one building had huge lenses in it that they used in the lighthouse. After the lighthouse we went to the best place ever. It is called the Marine Science Center. We got to pet a Smooth Dogfish Shark but I didn't think it felt smooth. It was rough like a rock. It was friendly, they had a male and a female. There were several stingrays, they were so silky. I got to feed one! They also have sea turtles that were rescued and birds. We saw eagles, hawks, owls, cranes and seagulls. After the Marine Science Center, we went to the beach. I collected sea shells for my class at the beach. People are allowed to drive on Daytona Beach. There were cars, trucks and Jeeps everywhere! After the beach we went back to the campground to pack up and go home. Our trip was ending and I was sad. It was a long way back. As soon as we got home I took a shower and went to bed so I'd be ready for school in the morning.

It was an awesome trip and I can't wait until next year!

bottom of page